Also knowns as Permanent Makeup, Semi-Permanent Makeup, or Micropigmentation is the application of color pigments beneath the skins surface by a tiny, disposable, sterile needle that creates the appearance of cosmetic makeup.
Cosmetic tattooing treatment is considered semi-permanent. Each client varies and a touch up will be needed within 1-3 years. The frequency and number of touchups throughout the years depend on a number of factors such as:
- Lifestyle/ Sun exposure- Frequent and prolonged sun exposure can soften the pigment effects.
- Chemical Peels- chemical treatments remove layers of the skin faster than the natural process. This will soften the pigment.
- Skin cell regeneration frequency. The longer it takes for the skin cells to regenerate, the longer the pigment holds.
- The area of treatment. Treatment to the face soften faster due to constant sun exposure.
Two treatments are strongly suggested. The touchup is scheduled at least 6-8 weeks after the initial visit. When the first procedure is completed, the procedure will appear darker and bolder. Within the 6-8 weeks, the procedure will face approximately 40%. At the second treatment, we will assess the color retention and make any adjustments if they are necessary. Each client heals differently and at different rates. If necessary, we can always add more density and darkness at the touch up appointment.
Each procedure will take 2-3 hours. During the procedure, we will do a face symmetry assessment, color matching, and numbing before and during the procedure.
At Lasting Makeovers, we make each client as comfortable as possible. We use the best topical anesthetics to ease the discomfort. It’s comparable to a tingling/ eyebrow plucking sensation.
You can return to work immediately after any procedure. Each procedure will appear darker the first few days then will eventually fade and settle about 30-40% . You will have the natural and subtle affect that we ideally are trying to achieve.
Yes. If you are not pleased with the color or shape, we can add or slightly adjust the color and perfect and define shapes that may not have deposited properly after healing.
- If you have any reference photos or an ideal shape that you would prefer, please bring or send photos. If you have an ideal color or shape, you can also bring in reference photos or lipstick colors for a lipblush reference. You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire. If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- We require our clients to avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoice SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.